Our special hiking tour of Norway 2024
50 Degrees North celebrates 13 years of operations with owner-escorted tour through Norway's best hikes. With only one departure in August 2024, this tour is a tribute to the owner's home country and the walks he loves the most.
We are thrilled to announce the launch of a special tour in celebration of our 13 years of operations this October. To mark the occasion, 50 Degrees North's Co-founder and CEO, Tietse Stelma, has designed, and will personally escort, the ‘Best Hikes of Norway’ small group tour through Norway's most scenic hiking trails in August 2024.
Stelma, who is a Norwegian with a deep passion for the Nordics, expressed his enthusiasm for this unique venture: "I love the Norwegian outdoors, and after 13 years of running 50 Degrees North, I thought it would be a good time to do a celebratory escorted hike through Norway with valued guests. I have picked some of the best and most spectacular day hikes in southern Norway, creating a two-week adventure that captures the essence of this beautiful region."
This escorted hiking tour is an exclusive and unique opportunity, with only one departure available for a maximum of 14 participants. The tour includes a range of hiking experiences, from strenuous and lofty trails to more moderate ones. At the end of each day, guests will retreat to lovely boutique accommodations and enjoy gourmet food experiences.
The tour caters to those who are in good health, have good knees, and wish to immerse themselves in breathtaking scenery without committing to a lengthy hut-to-hut trekking expedition. Fitness levels required for the tour range from moderate to strenuous. If anyone wishes to avoid the more strenuous walks, they can take the day to rest or do other things.
• 14 nights in twin-share centrally located hotels
• All breakfasts, 11 dinners, and 6 lunches
• Guided walk in Nordmarka
• Oslo city walk & Oslo pass (24 hours)
• Hike in Lillehammer
• Romsdalseggen hike with a local guide
• Via Ferrata hike with local guide & safety gear
• Loen Skylift ticket (one way)
• Hornelen hike with a local guide
• Vidden hike in Bergen with a local guide
• Bergen city walk
• Local hike in Aurland
• Premium mini-coach for scenic drives
• Norway in a Nutshell tour (by train, boat & bus) from Bergen to Oslo
• All transport between destinations, including local ferry along the Norwegian coast
• 50 Degrees North tour escort for the entire tour
• 24-hour emergency service
• Taxes and service fees
The ‘Best Hikes of Norway’ small group tour begins on August 16, 2024, and concludes on August 30, 2024. Prices start from AUD 13,710 / NZD 14,990 / USD 9,225 / EUR 8,015 per adult.
For more details and booking information, please visit ‘Best Hikes of Norway’