Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
- Adults only
6 days - Boutique Northern Lights Glass Igloo Stay in two locations
Combine stays in an exclusive and remote Glass Igloo resort with a stay in a Lappish-style 13-room boutique hotel, in the small village of Saariselkä. Located 250 km north of the Arctic Circle, you are in an ideal location to view the Northern Lights in both locations, while enjoying winter activities and excellent local cuisine.
This is an exclusive experience in northern Finland for adults only, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. During your stay you will visit a Reindeer Farm, enjoy a magical winter evening searching the Northern lights by car, go on a Husky Safari and try cross-country skiing. At the boutique hotel, you have also free use of the fitness studio, saunas and indoor swimming pool.
At Javri, you can upgrade from Cosy Double to either Skyview Double rooms giving you even more opportunity to gazing at the stars or viewing the mystical Northern Lights from your own bed, or to the larger Lappish style Spacy Double rooms depending on availability.
See all our Northern Lights tours here.
- Day 1
- Arrive in Aurora Queen Resort and a spectacular night in Glass Igloo
- Day 2
- Reindeer Safari
- Day 3
- Jávri Lodge and Husky Safari
- Day 4
- Snowmobile Safari
- Day 5
- Nordic Skiing Adventure
- Day 6
- Depart to Ivalo airport for your flight onwards
- Start/End Place
- Ivalo, Finland
- Country Visited
- 6 Days
- Start Date
- Travel Style
- Independent holiday with moderately active activities and no porterage included
Please note that all our itineraries, inclusions, dates and prices displayed on this website may change at any time. If you book an itinerary today and have this confirmed it will be the itinerary that is delivered to you. However, the online itinerary on our website may change in the meantime.
Local transfers, dog sleds, snowmobile safaris and transfer from local airport, Ivalo.
- 2 nights in a Glass Igloo and 3 nights in a Boutique Hotel
- 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 5 dinners
- Private transfer from Ivalo Airport to Aurora Queen resort
- Private transfer from Jávri Lodge to Ivalo Airport
- Private transfer from Aurora Queen Resort to Jávri Lodge
- Winter clothing for activities at the Aurora Queen Resort, and for the entire stay at Jávri Lodge (thermal overall, boots, warm hat & gloves)
- Reindeer Safari (2 hrs total)
- Aurora Experience by car (2-2,5 hrs)
- Husky safari with lunch (4 hrs)
- Choice of daily activities at Jávri Lodge: snowmobile, snowshoes, cross-country skiing, ice fishing (not available every day)
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
Flights, meals other than specified, items of personal nature, beverage and additional activities.
Day 1 - Arrive in Aurora Queen Resort and a spectacular night in Glass Igloo
Fly to Ivalo airport, located about 250km north of the Arctic Circle. Upon arrival at Ivalo airport, private transfer to Aurora Queen Resort. Check in to your Glass Igloo where you will be spending the next two nights.
Dinner at hotel then get ready for your night in under the stars - and hopefully the Northern Lights.
A Glass Igloo provides you the unforgettable opportunity to admire the Northern Lights and millions of stars in the crystal-clear sky in a comfortable room temperature. Aurora Queen Resort comprises beautiful glass igloos with glass ceilings and panorama windows, for a full-immersion view of the surrounding nature and northern lights without leaving the comfort of your bed.
Not only is the igloo designed to maximise your views of the night sky, but all the details are carefully designed for comfort and indulgence. Premium-quality materials are used on every surface for a flawless stay. All igloos are fully equipped with their own bathrooms and other comforts.
Amenities in the igloos:
Panoramic sky window
Double bed, 180×200 cm
Coffee and tea-making facilities
Bathroom with underfloor heating, rain shower, towels, hair dryer, slippers
Day 2 - Reindeer Safari
After breakfast, head out on a reindeer safari. After short transfer, hear stories of the reindeer herders native life back in the days when they were nomads. Ride through the scenic forest on a sleigh pulled by reindeer. Meet these arctic animals, who are super cute, calm and shy. This an experience and an approach with a wild animal which remains in memory.
In the evening, experience the magic of the winter wonderland during an evening of snowshoe hiking as the snow reflects under the stars and the moon. Always keep an eye on the sky as you never know when the northern lights might appear and really enlighten the night. You have a break by a campfire and sense the quietness and peace of our magical and beautiful nature.
Dinner at the hotel tonight.
Day 3 - Jávri Lodge and Husky Safari
After breakfast, check-out from your glass igloo, and private transfer to the Jávri Lodge (ca.30min drive). Jávri is an unforgettable adult only, all-inclusive boutique hotel in the small village of Saariselkä. With 13 stylish rooms this charming Lappish-style hotel is a ideal place to relax. Jávri is a tranquil, aesthetically pleasing home away from home.
On arrival, join a husky safari (lunch included), an unforgettable journey through breathtaking winter scenery. At the start of the journey we will present your very own husky team. You will be given a lesson on how to drive the sledge and how to observe important hand signals given by your leader. The driver and the passenger can change places during the safari.
Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner), winter outfits, guided daily activity and free use of fitness studio, saunas and indoor swimming pool are included. All meals are served in the private restaurant – so you won’t need to go far to find authentic Nordic food.
With Finland’s second-largest national park on the doorstep, it’s the perfect winter playground for those looking to explore this picturesque region.
Day 4 - Snowmobile Safari
After breakfast, get ready for today's activity, snowmobile safari. Come and experience an exotic Arctic evening by driving through snow-covered forests and over treeless fells.
You can also choose from other daily activities: Nordic skiing, snowshoeing and ice-fishing (not available every day)
Lunch included either during activity or at the Lodge. Dinner at the Lodge.
Day 5 - Nordic Skiing Adventure
Breakfast at hotel. Today, try your hands at Nordic Skiing, a popular past time for Finns and means of transport in the winter time through the snowy landscape. Your instructor will give you the best possible start to this local activity.
You can also choose from other daily activities: Snowmobiling, snowshoeing or ice-fishing (not available every day)
Lunch included either during activity or at the Lodge. Dinner at the Lodge.
Day 6 - Depart to Ivalo airport for your flight onwards
Breakfast at hotel. Transfer to Ivalo airport.
All prices listed are per person. Standard price is based on 2 adults sharing. Please note that this tour is for adults only. Prices are indicative due to the current uncertainty across Europe with increasing energy and volatile fuel costs.
Nordic+ option includes stay at either Skyview or Spacy Double at Jávri Lodge.
30 Nov 2023
9 Apr 2024
Interactive Tour Map
Travel insurance is compulsory for all tours with 50 Degrees North. The safety of our travellers, staff and operators is a major priority of 50 Degrees North. With an operational office in Norway, 50 Degrees North has access to an up-to-the-minute flow of information regarding the countries we work in. We are also in regular contact with the various operators we use. Their in-depth knowledge and understanding of their various areas is vital.
Practical Information for travelling and packing for Scandinavian Winter
- Warm wind and water proof jacket and trousers large enough to fit thick woollen jumper/clothing underneath
- Rain trousers – waterproof and breathable material
- Warm windproof cap/hat
- Warm gloves or mittens. Mittens where all fingers except the thumb are together are often warmer than gloves.
- Windproof gloves or mittens, which you can pull over the warm gloves
- Warm scarf
- 2 pairs of long woollen underwear (Merino wool in a few different thicknesses is perfect)
- 1-2 warm woollen jumper(s), or one jumper and a warm fleece
- Woollen or fleece trousers
- 2-3 pairs of warm woollen socks
- Warm & sturdy footwear with good grip
- Clothes for indoors, i.e. a shirt, T-shirts and jeans or cotton trousers
- Back pack for day trips (approx. 30 litre)
- Light footwear/trainers (mainly for indoors)
- Sun screen & Lip salve (the sun reflects off the snow and the air is dry)
- Hand warmers
- Nordic Grip anti-slip soles for walking on ice
- Personal medication
- Water bottle - thermo, or include a cover to keep warm (or you can stick it into a warm sock)
- Travel documents (including insurance)
- Photo ID
- Note book and pencil
- Camera, memory cards and charger
- Chargers for other gadgets
- Extra batteries for your cameras as they are used fast in cold conditions.