Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
- PRE-XMAS DATE AVAILABLE
6 days - Family Lakeside Stay in Finland with Christmas Activities
Enjoy a magical Christmas season at beautiful Kurula's Resort with picturesque views over frozen lake and snow covered fells. Accommodation is in private premium suites with north-facing floor-to-ceiling windows, ideal for viewing the Northern Lights, if lucky, from the comfort of your suite as they dance before you across the private lake.
Spend six unforgettable days participating in fun activities. Each evening, unwind in your own suite with sauna, open plan living area and kitchen.
Included in your stay is a Northern Lights Hunt by Car, Husky Safari and Santa visit, Reindeer Safari with soup lunch in a hut, Snowmobiling and Ice Fishing. Winter overalls and all meals are also included.
Kurula's Resort offers accommodation in spacious suites equipped with its own sauna, kitchen and deck. The suite is 40-42m2 in size and accommodates up to four people. Each suite has a deck or balcony with views to the lake and fells perfect for aurora watching. Rooms are equipped with queen size beds, fridge, hob, oven, microwave, lounge area, smart TV, Wifi, sauna, bathroom and drying cabinet.
All the activities in this tour are suited for children from 4 years old and up. If you would like to add more active adventures for adults and teenagers, please ask about including E-Fatbiking to your tour.
This destination is located close to the Pyhätunturi ski resort. It is possible to include alpine skiing in your stay. We recommend arranging ski rental and tickets while in Pyhä area with the lodge staff.
Due to high demand, many of our Christmas tours become fully booked over the 24/25 December dates, however, most of our tours have pre-Christmas departures running just before the busy Christmas period. Flights and activities are also easier to prepare at this stage.
- Day 1
- Arrive Rovaniemi, transfer to Pyhätunturi and settle into your suite
- Day 2
- Husky Sledding & Private Meeting with Santa
- Day 3
- Reindeer Sledding
- Day 4
- Ice Fishing & Chase the Northern Lights
- Day 5
- Snowmobile tour – Explore the secrets of arctic nature
- Day 6
- Return to Rovaniemi airport & depart
- Start/End Place
- Rovaniemi, Finland
- Country Visited
- 6 Days
- Start Date
- Travel Style
- Independent holiday with moderately active activities and no porterage included
Please note that all our itineraries, inclusions, dates and prices displayed on this website may change at any time. If you book an itinerary today and have this confirmed it will be the itinerary that is delivered to you. However, the online itinerary on our website may change in the meantime.
As a Certified B Corporation, 50 Degrees North has designed this tour using handpicked local hoteliers and suppliers who share our ethos of delivering services and activities of high social and environmental standards.
The CO2-e per person per day of all tours is carefully measured following each season. We fully offset all emissions of our tours on your behalf, and we constantly look at ways to reduce emissions where possible.
Private transfer between Rovaniemi (Airport or city) and Pyhätunturi
- 5 nights with premium suites with lake view for Auroras, with end cleaning (note: no daily cleaning)
- Six guided activities with transportation from the accommodation including a 5 km Husky safari and Santa visit, Reindeer safari and soup lunch in a hut, Northern lights hunt by car, Snowmobile Safari and Ice-fishing
- Daily Breakfast and buffet dinner
- Soup lunch at the resort or light lunch during activities
- Overalls and winter shoes, and any necessary equipment for the activities
- Return private transfer between Rovaniemi Airport or City and resort
- Snow bowling and sledges for sledding at any time for you to use
Flights, travel insurance, luggage handling & optional excursions.
Optional activities include: E-fatbiking tour, visiting the Amethyst Mine, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
If you would like to stop at the Santa's Village in Rovaniemi, we can arrange this for an additional price.
Day 1 - Arrive Rovaniemi, transfer to Pyhätunturi and settle into your suite
Arrive Rovaniemi and private transfer (approx. 1.5 hours) to Pyhätunturi, located about 100 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle.
Pyhätunturi is located in the middle of Finnish Lapland and is home to this new winter resort. Sit back and enjoy the open fire in the lobby on your arrival or relax in your private suite with a sauna. Kids can let off some steam and enjoy the free activities: snow bowling and sledding hill + sledges
Dinner at the hotel's restaurant tonight. Be sure to relax in your private little sauna to warm up this evening before bed.
Day 2 - Husky Sledding & Private Meeting with Santa
After breakfast, head off for a wintertime safari with husky teams and a visit to the husky farm. Before departing on the 5km dogsledding safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds. Two persons share a sled and there will be an opportunity to change drivers. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch. During the safari, you will also get to meet Santa.
Lunch at the hotel, and in the afternoon and evening, relax at the hotel before a tasty buffet dinner.
Day 3 - Reindeer Sledding
This morning, you will go on a reindeer sleigh ride. Transportation by car to a reindeer farm to try this traditional way of travelling through snowy forests. Enjoy a hot cup of coffee with a bun around a campfire and learn about the life of reindeer herders.
During the afternoon, enjoy the Pyhä area nature, or just relax at the hotel.
Dinner at the hotel.
Day 4 - Ice Fishing & Chase the Northern Lights
Today, you will try you hand at ice fishing at the lake. Be challenged by cutting the ice and dipping your fishing rods into the frozen lake. Lunch at the hotel.
After dinner at the hotel, head out by car in search of the magical Northern Lights. We will driver through the snowy landscapes and find the best spot to see the lights, hoping that the skies are clear tonight.
Day 5 - Snowmobile tour – Explore the secrets of arctic nature
Come and experience the crisp, frosty winter landscape on a snowmobile safari tour – exploring the secrets of arctic nature and Pyhä-Luosto National Park. Younger children share the snowmobile with their parents during this 2-hour safari. Kids shorter then 140cm need to sit in the slegde pulled by the guide.
After dinner, make sure to enjoy the soft heat of sauna for the one last time before your departure home tomorrow.
Day 6 - Return to Rovaniemi airport & depart
After breakfast, transfer to the Rovaniemi airport. If you wish to explore this Santa town, please speak to us about options as we can add a visit to Santa's village before departure.
All prices listed are per person, twin/double share. Please note daily activity schedule subject to change. This tour is suitable for +4 years olds.
Family triple is 2 adults and 1 child age 4-14
Family quad is 2 adults and 2 children age 4-14
23 Dec 2024
23 Dec 2024
23 Dec 2024
28 Dec 2024
18 Dec 2024
18 Dec 2024
2 Jan 2025
2 Jan 2025
2 Jan 2025
Each suite has its own sauna, kitchen, deck or balcony and views to the lake and fells. Each suite accommodates up to four people
• Suite size 40m2 - 42,5m2
• Deck or balcony
• Queen size beds x 2
• Fridge, hob, oven & Microwave
• Lounge area
• Smart TV & WiFi
• Sauna & bathroom
• Drying cabinet
Please note, the day-by-day order of activities are not yet set and may change. Final program will be detailed in your tour documents.
Interactive Tour Map
Practical information about Scandinavian Hotels
- Hotel rooms in Scandinavia are normally furnished with twin beds, which can be moved together to form a double bed or placed separately. Please note that single rooms are generally smaller than doubles, and are often equipped with a shower instead of a bath. Purpose-built triple or family rooms are likewise unusual in Scandinavian hotels. Whilst it is possible for 3 persons to share a room, this will normally be a double room with an extra bed, with correspondingly less space to move about in.
- It is also unusual to have a porter at hotels to carry your luggage.
- There is free wi-fi in many hotels in Scandinavia.
- Unexpectedly, all forms of Scandinavian accommodation rarely provide tea and coffee facilities in their rooms. If you are lucky, a kettle will be supplied but nothing else. Please ask at reception for some provisions when you arrive or just carry a small selection from home.
- Please also note that in Scandinavia - in particular, during winter - the included lunch will often be a hearty warm soup with bread.
- More remote hotels in Lapland will offer dinner at an additional cost. In some spots, there will be limited choices else where. Generally, you get a very nice home-cooked Scandinavian dinner. However, you may sometimes find only one or two choices only for your main course.
- In Scandinavia, it is normal for washing and laundry facilities to be in the basement. If you are staying in apartment type accommodation, check downstairs or ask for assistance.
Practical Information for travelling and packing for Scandinavian Winter
- Warm wind and water proof jacket and trousers large enough to fit thick woollen jumper/clothing underneath
- Rain trousers – waterproof and breathable material
- Warm windproof cap/hat
- Warm gloves or mittens. Mittens where all fingers except the thumb are together are often warmer than gloves.
- Windproof gloves or mittens, which you can pull over the warm gloves
- Warm scarf
- 2 pairs of long woollen underwear (Merino wool in a few different thicknesses is perfect)
- 1-2 warm woollen jumper(s), or one jumper and a warm fleece
- Woollen or fleece trousers
- 2-3 pairs of warm woollen socks
- Warm & sturdy footwear with good grip
- Clothes for indoors, i.e. a shirt, T-shirts and jeans or cotton trousers
- Back pack for day trips (approx. 30 litre)
- Light footwear/trainers (mainly for indoors)
- Sun screen & Lip salve (the sun reflects off the snow and the air is dry)
- Hand warmers
- Nordic Grip anti-slip soles for walking on ice
- Personal medication
- Water bottle - thermo, or include a cover to keep warm (or you can stick it into a warm sock)
- Travel documents (including insurance)
- Photo ID
- Note book and pencil
- Camera, memory cards and charger
- Chargers for other gadgets
- Extra batteries for your cameras as they are used fast in cold conditions.