Norway escorted summer tours 2024
A total of six escorted tours around Norway and further into Scandinavia have been released for 2024 summer season. Visit highlights such as a Geiranger day tour with fjord rib boat safari and the Flåm Railway excursion on Best of Norway or the Loen Skylift and guided city tours of Ålesund and Bergen on the Scenic Fjords of Norway.
We are proud to released three new escorted summer group tours to Norway for 2024. In addition to their existing range, you can now traverse the country from Oslo to Bergen on the 8-day Best of Norway escorted small group tour; from Bergen to Trondheim on the 10-day Scenic Fjords of Norway; or get the full experience on the 17-day Norway In-depth from Oslo to Trondheim.
All three small group tours include the benefits of an experienced tour guide, all accommodations in shared double rooms with private facilities, often in historic boutique hotels, all breakfasts, the majority of dinners, and all transport between destinations. The tours also include a 50 Degrees North mini-coach along Norway’s scenic National Tourist Routes and a 24-hour emergency service. In addition to these, each tour contains several activities, such as the Geiranger day tour with fjord rib boat safari and the Flåm Railway excursion on Best of Norway or the Loen Skylift and guided city tours of Ålesund and Bergen on the Scenic Fjords of Norway.
“Norway’s visitor statistics for travellers show that the numbers for 2023 so far have matched 2019 levels”, said Tietse Stelma, 50 Degrees North’s CEO and co-founder. “The demand for 2024 is expected to go well beyond this year’s numbers, and we are well placed for that. It is exciting to be able to showcase Norway again through local, authentic and environmentally conscious tour options.”
To see all these tours, click here for the Summer Escorted tour page.
The 'Best of Norway Small Group Tour' begins in Oslo in the south and ends in Kirkenes in the far north. In the space of 16 days, a small group of 8-16 travellers gets the chance to experience the entire length of this extraordinary, breathtaking country - in the competent care of a 50DN experienced tour guide.
"The tour combines elements of the famous Norway in a Nutshell route, but also takes care to guide travellers away from rushed and congested areas to more peaceful and authentic - and equally stunning - parts of the country. Promoting and spreading wealth to less visited destinations is a key part of our philosophy and we are very proud to share some of these places with our clients", says Tietse Stelma, 50 Degrees North's CEO and co-founder.
The tour has the following key features and inclusions:
- 7 nights’ hotel accommodation in shared double/twin rooms with private facilities
- Experienced tour escort
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 4 dinners
- All transport between destinations by buses, trains and boats
- 50 Degrees North mini-coach (or similar) between Lom and Aurland. Stop along the way for unexpected photo opportunities, National Tourist Route monuments or quick rest stops.
- Geiranger day tour with fjord rib boat safari. (Subject to change due to weather/snow conditions on the mountain).
- Flåm Railway excursion
This 10-day escorted tour between Bergen and Trondheim, travels along the coast of Norway and then through the fjords via Ålesund, Åndalsnes, ending in Trondheim.
- Walk to waterfalls, above the fjords, and to the glaciers
- Drive along the Hjørundfjord - drop dead beautiful!
- Stay in waterfront historic hotels and fjord hotels with views
- Make new friends as you travel on the premium 50 Degrees North mini-coach with a jovial local driver and escort
- Cruise along the Norwegian coast on an express boat
- Be amazed by Norway’s most visited tourist road, Trollstigen Road with its eleven magnificent hairpin turns and the Atlantic Highway, famous for its twisting bridges over the coast
If you combine these tours together, you join our 'Norway In depth' tour, a 17 day tour from Oslo to Trondheim.
Image from Hotel Alexandra in Loen.
Our 'Scandinavian Capitals and Fjords escorted tour' which travels from Bergen to Helsinki over 16 days. This tour also includes a scenic drive through the Norwegian fjords and mountains on our mini-coach, getting you 'off-the-beaten' track and offering something special. Moving along, wander through the Vigeland Sculpture Park and explore the hidden gems of Norway’s capital, Oslo. Then it is overnight ferry to Copenhagen with private city tours before travelling to Stockholm on an express train. This tour finishes in Helsinki with a day tour in Tallinn, Estonia. Enjoy a hassle-free travel experience with our Scandinavian tour escorts, staying in quality boutique or premium hotels carefully selected by our Scandinavia travel experts.