Lofoten by Horse
- Experience the beautiful Lofoten Islands at a leisurely pace
- Ride your own Icelandic horse
- No riding experience necessary
The tour starts with an early evening bus trip from Svolvær to Hov Hestegård on Gimsøy, Here, we begin our guided trail ride on Icelandic horses through breathtaking nature! We journey across on a long white sandy beach along the Norwegian Sea, through rugged rocky terrain, and among remains from the Viking Age. During summer there is perpetual daylight, but during autumn and winter we ride in darkness, listening to the waves slap the shoreline and gazing skyward to see the mystical Northern Lights.
The route and horses are well suited for both beginners and experienced riders. Icelandic horses are known for their gentle temperament and comfortable gait. If you wish to go a bit faster, you get the chance to try trot and tölt. Come along and join us on this unforgettable Lofoten experience.
Max. 16 passengers
- Disembarking port: Svolvær
- Embarking port: Stamsund
- Southbound or Northbound: Southbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 18:30 - 22:00
- Available period: All year
- Transportation: Bus/Horse
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm clothing. Riding boots and rainproof outerwear available
- Note: Max weight of passenger 110 kg. No horse riding experience necessary.
- Age limit: 5 years old together with parent