Rib Adventure in Lofoten
- See lagoons with white sandy beaches
- Chance to see sea eagle
- Visit the fishing village of Skrova
Experienced skippers take us first to an idyllic lagoon with white sandy beaches that are surrounded by small islands and skerries protecting it from the often-turbulent open ocean. There is a very good chance you will see sea eagles, Europe’s largest bird of prey. After making a short photo stop, we continue at high speed on the Vestfjord to the island fishing village of Skrova, with just under 200 inhabitants. Fishing and whaling in the `old days´ once swelled the island´s population to several thousand. Here, we stop for a snack and learn about the village´s history and its present livelihood exporting salmon around the world.
We then head back across the Vestfjord to Svolvær where we are greeted at the harbour entrance by the statue of the `Fisherman’s Wife´ before re-boarding our waiting ship.
- Disembarking port: Svolvær
- Embarking port: Svolvær
- Southbound or Northbound: Southbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 18:30 - 20:00
- Available period: 09 June - 08 September
- Transportation: RIB (rigid inflatable boat)
- Meals on the trip: Tapas with salmon, herb schnapps made from Norwegian herbs
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing. Survival-/thermal suits and gloves are provided
- Note: The excursion is not suitable for guests with back problems.
- Age limit: 6 years old together with parent (must be one adult per child)