Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
5 days - Family Lakeside Suites in Finland with winter activities
On this short holiday in Finland, floor to ceiling windows in your private premium suites lets you view the Northern Lights as it dances above you and in front of you across the private lake. Spend the days participating in seven family friendly adventurous activities such as husky sledding, reindeer safaris and snowmobile driving to get the heart racing. Each evening, unwind in your own suite with sauna, open living area and kitchen.
Included in your stay is a private lake sauna experience and drop hot tub, ice-swimming, ice-fishing, Northern lights hunting by car and special Northern Lights photography tuition on the lake. Winter overalls and all meals are also included.
This tour is perfect for families with small children from 4 years old and up. If you are traveling with teenagers and are looking for even more active adventures, please see our Lapland Family Adventure at Kurula's Resort.
This destination is located close to the Pyhätunturi ski resort. It is possible to include alpine skiing in your stay. We recommend arranging ski rental and tickets while in Pyhä area with the lodge staff.
*Please note, the day-by-day order of activities may change depending on your start date. *
- Day 1
- Arrive Rovaniemi, transfer to Pyhätunturi and settle into your suite
- Day 2
- Husky Sledding & Search for the Northern Lights
- Day 3
- Reindeer Sledding & Ice Fishing
- Day 4
- Snowmobile tour – Explore the secrets of arctic nature
- Day 5
- Return to Rovaniemi airport & depart
- Start/End Place
- Rovaniemi, Finland
- Country Visited
- 5 Days
- Easy independent holiday suitable for singles, couples & families
Please note that all our itineraries, inclusions, dates and prices displayed on this website may change at any time. If you book an itinerary today and have this confirmed it will be the itinerary that is delivered to you. However, the online itinerary on our website may change in the meantime.
Private transfer between Rovaniemi (Airport or city) and Pyhätunturi
- 4 nights with premium suites with lake view for Auroras, with end cleaning (note: no daily cleaning)
- Seven winter activities included: Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, Aurora Borealis workshop and photography, Snowmobile, ice fishing, Northern Lights hunt by car and private lake sauna experience and hot tub
- Warm overalls for stay
- Return private transfer between Rovaniemi Airport or City and resort
- Dinners included every night
- Daily Breakfast included
- 3 soup lunches or lunch during activity
- Any time activities include snow bowling and sledding hill with sledges
Flights, travel insurance, luggage handling & optional excursions.
Optional activities include: E-fatbiking tour, ice-climbing, Northern Lights hunt with car and campfire, visiting the Amethyst Mine, cross-country skiing and snow mobile safari.
If you would like to stop at the Santa's Village in Rovaniemi, we can arrange this for an additional price.
Day 1 - Arrive Rovaniemi, transfer to Pyhätunturi and settle into your suite
Arrive Rovaniemi and private transfer (approx. 1.5 hours) to Pyhätunturi, located about 100 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle.
Pyhätunturi is located in the middle of Finnish Lapland and is home to this new winter resort. Sit back and enjoy the open fire in the lobby on your arrival or relax in your private suite with a sauna. Kids can let off some steam and enjoy the free activities: snow bowling and sledding hill + sledges
Dinner at the hotel's restaurant tonight. Be sure to relax in your private little sauna to warm up this evening before bed.
Day 2 - Husky Sledding & Search for the Northern Lights
After breakfast, head off for a wintertime safari with husky teams and a visit to the husky farm. Before departing on the 5km dogsledding safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds. Two persons share a sled and there will be an opportunity to change drivers. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
After dinner at the hotel, head out by car in search of the magical Northern Lights. We will driver through the snowy landscapes and find the best spot to see the lights, hoping that the skies are clear tonight.
Day 3 - Reindeer Sledding & Ice Fishing
This morning, you will go on a reindeer sleigh ride. Transportation by car to a reindeer farm to try this traditional way of travelling through snowy forests. Enjoy a hot cup of coffee with a bun around a campfire and learn about the life of reindeer herders.
During the afternoon, you will try you hand at ice fishing at the lake. Be challenged by cutting the ice and dipping your fishing rods into the frozen lake.
Dinner at the hotel.
Day 4 - Snowmobile tour – Explore the secrets of arctic nature
Come and experience the crisp, frosty winter landscape on a snowmobile safari tour – exploring the secrets of arctic nature and Pyhä-Luosto National Park. Younger children share the snowmobile with their parents during this 2-hour safari.
After dinner - head to a private lake sauna experience and drop hot tub.
Day 5 - Return to Rovaniemi airport & depart
After breakfast, transfer to the Rovaniemi airport. If you wish to explore this Santa town, please speak to us about options as we can add a visit to Santa's village before departure.
All prices listed are per person, twin share. Indicative price for 2023 due to global uncertainty. Please note daily activity schedule subject to change. This tour is suitable for +4 years olds.
For the period of 15.12.23-1.1.24, please see our Christmas in Kurula's Resort tour.
Family triple is 2 adults and 1 child age 4-12
Family quad is 2 adults and 2 children age 4-12
14 Dec 2023
14 Dec 2023
14 Dec 2023
15 Apr 2024
15 Apr 2024
15 Apr 2024
Each suite has its own sauna, kitchen, deck or balcony and views to the lake and fells. Each suite accommodates up to four people + 1 extra bed/cot.
• Suite size 40m2 & 42,5m2
• Deck or balcony
• Queen size beds x 2
• Fridge, hob, oven & Microwave
• Lounge area
• Smart TV & WiFi
• Sauna & bathroom
• Drying cabinet
If you are travelling with older children, please see our adventurous teenage tour option.
Interactive Tour Map
Practical information about Scandinavian Hotels
- Hotel rooms in Scandinavia are normally furnished with twin beds, which can be moved together to form a double bed or placed separately. Please note that single rooms are generally smaller than doubles, and are often equipped with a shower instead of a bath. Purpose-built triple or family rooms are likewise unusual in Scandinavian hotels. Whilst it is possible for 3 persons to share a room, this will normally be a double room with an extra bed, with correspondingly less space to move about in.
- It is also unusual to have a porter at hotels to carry your luggage.
- There is free wi-fi in many hotels in Scandinavia.
- Unexpectedly, all forms of Scandinavian accommodation rarely provide tea and coffee facilities in their rooms. If you are lucky, a kettle will be supplied but nothing else. Please ask at reception for some provisions when you arrive or just carry a small selection from home.
- Please also note that in Scandinavia - in particular, during winter - the included lunch will often be a hearty warm soup with bread.
- More remote hotels in Lapland will offer dinner at an additional cost. In some spots, there will be limited choices else where. Generally, you get a very nice home-cooked Scandinavian dinner. However, you may sometimes find only one or two choices only for your main course.
- In Scandinavia, it is normal for washing and laundry facilities to be in the basement. If you are staying in apartment type accommodation, check downstairs or ask for assistance.
Practical Information for travelling and packing for Scandinavian Winter
- Warm wind and water proof jacket and trousers large enough to fit thick woollen jumper/clothing underneath
- Rain trousers – waterproof and breathable material
- Warm windproof cap/hat
- Warm gloves or mittens. Mittens where all fingers except the thumb are together are often warmer than gloves.
- Windproof gloves or mittens, which you can pull over the warm gloves
- Warm scarf
- 2 pairs of long woollen underwear (Merino wool in a few different thicknesses is perfect)
- 1-2 warm woollen jumper(s), or one jumper and a warm fleece
- Woollen or fleece trousers
- 2-3 pairs of warm woollen socks
- Warm & sturdy footwear with good grip
- Clothes for indoors, i.e. a shirt, T-shirts and jeans or cotton trousers
- Back pack for day trips (approx. 30 litre)
- Light footwear/trainers (mainly for indoors)
- Sun screen & Lip salve (the sun reflects off the snow and the air is dry)
- Hand warmers
- Nordic Grip anti-slip soles for walking on ice
- Personal medication
- Water bottle - thermo, or include a cover to keep warm (or you can stick it into a warm sock)
- Travel documents (including insurance)
- Photo ID
- Note book and pencil
- Camera, memory cards and charger
- Chargers for other gadgets
- Extra batteries for your cameras as they are used fast in cold conditions.