Svartisen Glacier in Ørnes
- Norway's second largest glacier
- See Europe's largest predatory bird, the Sea eagle
- Spectacular scenery
The Norwegian Coastal Voyage ship stops at sea so excursion participants can transfer to a smaller tour boat that navigates between islets and skerries on its way to Svartisen. Along the way, a knowledgeable guide tells you all about the area and its remarkable scenery. The stunning views are best enjoyed out on deck. Also, keep your camera handy because we are now in the realm of the sea eagle. After arriving at Svartisen Tourist Centre, you can admire this enigmatic ice world while enjoying a warm drink and the Norwegian “lefse” (griddle cake) buffet. Afterwards, you continue by boat along the beautiful Helgeland coastline to Bodø where you rejoin the ship.
- Disembarking port: Tender operation in open sea
- Embarking port: Bodø
- Southbound or Northbound: Northbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 08:45 - 14:45
- Available period: 04 June - 03 September
- Transportation: Boat
- Meals on the trip: Coffee/tee and griddle cake buffet
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing
- Note: We will not go all the way up to the glacier. The tour is not suitable for persons with impaired mobility. Not bookable on board MS Lofoten and MS Vesterålen.